In the prior sections we talked about why quality matters and how to choose the best hospital for your treatment. In this section we will help you get ready for your hospital stay.
This checklist shows the topics we will cover. Read the pages that follow for details about each topic. Click on the headers below to go to each page.
- Ask your doctor questions.
- Know your legal rights.
- Prepare and distribute your advance directives.
- Arrange your personal support network.
- Attend your pre-admission appointment.
- Pack for the hospital.
- Read about how to reduce your risks.
- Take care of yourself.
- Know what to do if there’s a problem.
- Review your recovery plan with a discharge planner.
- Use the checklist provided to help remember your plan.
Read on for more information.