Some hospitals provide better care than others. In this section we discuss health care quality in hospitals, why quality matters to you, and how you can help get the care you deserve.
This checklist shows the topics we will cover. Read the pages that follow for details about each topic. Click on the headers below to go to each page.
- Even common tasks can go wrong in the hospital.
- When you pay attention to quality, you can better protect yourself.
- Quality care is not always more expensive care, the newest technology, or many tests and treatments.
- Quality care is safe, effective, patient centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
- Hear about four patients’ experiences where better care would have made a difference.
- See how the ratings on CalQualityCare.org can help you evaluate hospitals.
- Take steps to make sure you choose the best hospital for you.
Read on for more information.