Cal Hospital Compare is proud to partner with the California Health Care Foundation (CHCF) and Yelp to bring hospital maternity measures to consumers. The desktop version of the Yelp.com site now displays the maternity measures listed below for all hospitals that deliver babies in California. The mobile version of the site is expected in early 2018.
- Low-risk c-section rate: The percentage of caesarean section (c-section) deliveries in low-risk pregnancies to mothers having their first baby
- Breastfeeding rate: The percentage of newborns fed only breast milk before discharge from this facility
- Episiotomy rate: How often episiotomies are performed at this facility
- VBAC routinely available: Some hospitals do not routinely provide vaginal births after c-sections (VBACs)
- VBAC rate: How often vaginal births among women with a prior c-section occur at this facility, if it routinely provides them
Data for this effort were provided by Cal Hospital Compare, in partnership with Truven Health Analytics / IBM Watson Health. To read more about this effort and related statewide maternity care improvement efforts, please visit CHCF’s website: http://www.chcf.org/projects/2017/yelp-maternity-care-measures